Sunday 12 June 2011

Shave & A Haircut

What a difference a day makes! There's something quite liberating about a haircut. I don't particularly like the communal process of lining up in a storefront with strangers to get a haircut, but there is something personal and intimate about the process of cutting hair (or there should be). Maybe it's because my last few haircuts have been by women; maybe it's because of the nostalgic memories that are somehow bound up in the process as I remember my own mother cutting my hair as a child... whatever it is, the process of seeing oneself "restored" to some sense of grandeur or potentiality is a thing verging on miraculous.

So this is a salute to barbers and hairdressers everywhere. Thank you from this small corner of the world for allowing me to put on a new face and letting me put my best foot forward today.

Burn brightly, Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment