Monday 22 August 2011

Robotics and the Competitive Spirit

After another full on day, this time looking after students involved in Robocup - an annual event for school students competing in the robotics field - I've come home exhausted and slept for an hour or two tonight. The weekend finishes my commitment to the process at school this year so I regain a lunch hour again for the rest of the year until we start the process again next year. All of our students performed well taking out two of the three prizes on offer in their category. There are now a number of girls showing a strong competitive spirit who want to fly down to compete at the National Robocup championship event in Hobart in 4 weeks time, but I'll leave that to my mate who teachers IT to sort out with them and I'll put my feet up. So apologies if the posts are threadbare today due to my tiredness (Robotics can be quite draining I've found) but I reckon I made up for it yesterday.
Burn brightly, Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment