Wednesday 21 September 2011

Lockyer's Out!


Brisbane Broncos Darren Lockyer flew to Sydney in a helicopter yesterday, sparking suggestions he would play but now there is the very real possibility the modern day great has played his last match. After being operated after the game and having 3 metal plates inserted into his fractured eye socket, Lockyer was unable to fly to Sydney due to pressurisation which resulted in the helicopter flight. But today, Lockyer announced that he will not play on Friday night with Gillette replacing him as five-eigth. He is due to retire at the end of the season but his career will be over if Manly beat the Broncos to progress to the Grand Final. So Friday night may be the last match I watch for a few months (unless I resort to old SOO matches to feed my habit). When we play this Friday night, I'm sure you'll hear me barracking and cheering them in whatever city you find yourself in.
Burn brightly boys, Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment