Saturday 31 December 2011

The Bobby Darin Closer


















Off comes the make up
Off comes the clown's disguise
The curtain’s
fallin'
The music softly dies.

But I hope your smilin'
As
you're filin’ out the door
As
they say in this biz
That's all there is … there isn't anymore.

We've shared a moment
And
as the moment ends
I got a funny feelin'
We're parting now as friends.

Your cheers and laughter will linger after
They've torn down these dusty walls
If I
had this to do again
And the evening were new again
I would spend it with you again
But
now the curtain falls.

Your
cheers and laughter will linger after
They've torn down these dusty walls
People
say I was made for this
Nothin’ else would I trade for this
And just think I get paid for this …
“Goodnight ladies and gentlemen and God love you, thank you.”

Time for me to go folks. Thanks muchly for your support. The two reasons I started this blog have ceased - one person can't access a computer to read the blog and the other won't. So I've probably told you far too much (a major fault), but hopefully I've shown you something you haven't seen, or taken you to a place you've never been before. Thanks for coming on the ride with me. Burn brightly - all my love, Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment